Monday, July 20, 2009

I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching (Over) Me










When you quiet your thoughts and get in touch with your inner, deeper mind, through practice, you will find help at every turn.

Call it intuition, universal intelligence, that still, quiet voice from within, or guidance from angels...whatever, but it is the voice that will help you whenever you ask, if you just ask.

When I am fully present in the moment, without worries of the day plaguing my thoughts, I can ask and get answers easily. It seems to work especially well when I am driving my car in fact. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I can ask mentally for the best parking space and then be guided to it if I am open to listen. The guidance comes in the form of an unspoken word or idea that pops into my head at the right time.

For instance today, as I was driving in to park at the Target store, I got an "idea" to turn left toward the lot instead of heading straight like I normally do. I then got the "idea" to skip to the second row of parking spaces. As I headed close to the store I was looking on my right for an opening but an "idea" came into my head to look left. There at the very end of the row, closest to the store, was an open space on the left! Couldn't have found a better spot to park, really.

After shopping, I wanted to mail an envelope, but as I was in a different town I had no idea where a post office or mail box would be. Seems to me that lately there are fewer mailboxes on sidewalks anyway, so I was nearly resigned to heading back to my town and driving way out of my way to a post office I knew. Then a suggestion popped into my head to drive down the street "one more block". I had no idea what I was heading toward, but I followed the suggestion, which also led me to get in the right lane and shortly after I did, there was a mailbox!

Wow, even though this stuff seems to happen a lot these days, I am still excited and amazed when I get an "idea" or suggestion and I take it and it's right. Imagine how much easier our lives would be if we lived every moment like this!

I suggest you experiment as I do, asking for guidance while driving. I do this all the time when I want to find an opening to exit a freeway, and have often used it when I didn't have my GPS with me (I call it my mental GPS). The guidance is actually better than a GPS at times, taking me on the quickest route to my destination in an unfamiliar neighborhood. Of course, having someone else in the car telling you to take different roads can drown out the information coming in, so try it at first when you're alone. The more you practice at receiving guidance, the better you will get at recognizing it and can apply it to all areas of your life.

Just ask and the answer will be given!

No comments:

Post a Comment